- Go in teams of two with a man and woman on each team.
- Keep good records about who was contacted. That would include addresses and names. This is especially important if you promise to go back and study with them. Be sure to keep that appointment.
- If you take literature to leave with them, don’t hold it in your hand while you talk to them because that is all they will concentrate on.
- Have a special congregational prayer session twice per week for two months before the campaign and pray specifically for the campaign.
- If you have a group to come in and help with the campaign, send out at least one local church member with every visiting campaigner.
- When all else fails at the door, try to leave some literature with them. I baptized a whole family once who weren’t interested initially but later read the literature; all five became Christians.
by Jerry Carmichael